Sunday, March 16, 2008

Elizabeth Collins

Sparkle Plenty Art

Beyond pottery…
Usually the first thing people say when they see my artwork is “This isn’t the usual pottery you see!”

I consider myself a “potter”, however my artwork combines many mediums… I especially love mixing natural elements together to form truly unique and complex pieces. You may find bits of wood, glass, copper and other metals, shell and gemstone ephemera combined with stoneware or porcelain clay. I use a wide variety of forming as well as firing techniques. Ideas tend to morph into new projects on a very regular basis, so my work changes quickly!

I live in Morgan County, Georgia with my large family: husband Steve, daughter Sarah Beth, son Jackson, mother Andrea and sister Laurie. I sell my artwork out of my home studio and a variety of galleries in many areas around northeast Georgia. I work part time teaching ceramic art at Camp Twin Lakes, a camp for children with special needs and serious illnesses.

No comments: