Thursday, February 28, 2008

Polly Becton

Randy and I have vacationed on Edisto Island for many years and still do. During beach walks I always collect less than perfect shells. One Christmas time I decided to make gifts for my friends using the shell pieces. After much testing of glues and finishes I achieved the desired results. Each piece takes about a week to complete. Some are enhanced with gold, silver, jade and glass beads and some are left as found.

What began as gifts has turned into a wonderful venture for all to enjoy. True Treasures from the Sea.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Polly Becton is a genius! She actually improves on nature, making very sensitive, simple jewelry with a discerning eye. I'm a huge fan and want her to be discovered! Patrick Dennis, Atlanta

mudpuppy said...

Polly's work is stunning in it's simplicity and grace. She has developed a technique that brings durability to a delicate material without compromising any of the qualities that caused her to choose it in the first place. I love it !!!!
Knox Steinbrecher, Marietta

Carol said...

Polly is a master at seeing great beauty in even broken shells and using her magic so that all can see and share in that beauty. Everyone should have at least two of her pieces!
Carol Kerr, Alpharetta