Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Beverly Smith - Painter

The thing that grabs me when I am looking for something to paint is elusive. It may be an unexpected flow of light, an unsual combination of color or form, or it may be just an emotional response to the image in front of me. I don't limit myself to a particular subject matter or medium, but my art is easily recognizable by my use of color and brushstroke. I create representational images combining both abstract and realistic elements primarily in watercolor and acrylic. I graduated with honors from Georgia State University with a degree in Fine Art. Through the University of Georgia, I studied in Europe and participated in the studies abroad program in Cortona, Italy. I have received numerous awards and enjoy membership in several art guilds. Friendships and support from fellow artist and patrons are an intrical part of my creative process.


You can see a sampling of Beverly's work at www.artistsingeorgia.com/beverlysmith

No comments: